Monday, March 11, 2013

MDSM9 Heidi's bringing us a Subway Challenge.

Welcome back to another fun challenge here at MDS Monday Heidi is our host this week and she is bringing us a fun challenge using Subway Art. Before we get to the Challenge though we want to remind everyone about the Design Team Call going on. You can click here for the original post and to Link up. The Link will be open until Friday March 15th @6pm EST. Now let's see what Heidi has for us....

Subway Art, loosely defined as I couldn't find an official definition on the web, is using different size and type of fonts to fill the area with related words.  Stampin' Up! has its own example with the Statement of the Heart digital download.


You can easily do an internet search for lots and lots of examples.  My challenge to you is to incorporate some subway art into your page.  You can add a box or strip of subway art, make an entire background of subway art, or even make it the main focal point of your page.  How about printing it out to make it a hybrid/printable art item?

I'm not sure if the text needs to stay all horizontal to officially be subway art.  If you want to add vertical text, or even a graphic, feel free.  Don't restrict yourself to black and white; all colors are welcome!  Let's just see some text-filled areas of your page!

Ok, if you are stuck, here's a quick layout for you.  If you are able to combine both subway art and the sketch together, great!









10 comments:

  1. Great challenge and pages. I already have an idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is a great challenge. I need to really think on this one, but you girls have aced it. Great samples to inspire us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun challenge Heidi!! And I love the sketch too! Off to create!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anyone know how to spread your text across the width of a text box? I know there's a way to with changing the width of the letters and spacing, but I can't figure it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved this challenge.... got me to finish another two-page spread in my 2010 scrapbook - AND - got me to use so many fun fonts that I had. Thanks so very much! All your pages are so very wonderful! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, random will definitely be a challenge for me, but I know just the right photo to use. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wendie, I just saw this, did you figure it out? I think you are talking about "text Tracking". There is a little "tracking" adjuster in the text menu in MDS and that spaces the letters apart width ways.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just added my page. I used the free "Wordle" program to make my subway art.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here's my page. I used the online program "Wordle" to make the Subway Art.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such beautiful examples ladies! I hope to make a "real" Subway Art page soon...thanks for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us at MDS Monday!